San Luis Potosí
San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí
In the city of them seven districts stand out true beauties architectural in beautiful buildings colonial as the theatre of the peace and the Temple of San Francisco, as well as its museums, varied and very interesting. Among many the neighborhood of Tequisquiapan, place of land fertile in which is installed a settlement of guachichiles from 1583; Tlaxcalilla founded in 1592, being a town of great importance thanks to the Franciscan convent installed on their lands. In Tlaxcalilla there was a neighborhood of Indians tarascans, who later founded the town of San Miguelito South of San Luis. North Barrio de Santiago comprised of guachichiles seated next to Tlaxcala, in such a way that the sedentary life of the first would be influenced by the culture of the latter. The pacification of the region was ensured and consolidated region's economy.
The religious buildings were built as a symbol of faith and prosperity; the boom miner provided the stroke architectural of San Luis Potosi-which consists of a square central and 19 blocks extended towards them 4 points cardinal-in the course of 2 centuries, bequeathing to the posterity beautiful constructions.
Other sites of interest are the founders square, place where the first settlement in the region in 1588, the convent and Plaza del Carmen, the Alameda Juan Sarabia, the Teatro de la Paz, built at the end of the 19TH century was formed. Front of the Federal Palace Theatre, currently Museum of the mask and telegraph building.