Calle 6 Ote. S/N
Centro zipcode 41200
Phones: 7474717121 7474720035
The site's name is derived from the word in nahuatl that means between guamúchiles. It hosted a tlapanec-nahua Manor.
Located at the margin of the Tlapaneco River, this archaeological site is the remnant of a population nucleus that was occupied from the year 1200 d. C. (Postclassic period) by groups tlapanecas that maintained trade relations with Mixteco groups. In the second half of the 16th century, after the arrival of the armies of conquest of Nezahualcoyotl, Huamuxtitlán was constituted as the bastion of the Triple Alliance in the area, as evidenced by the architecture and associated offerings that reflect the war ideology of the center of Mexico.
The Huamuxtitlán under the domain of the Triple Alliance only its main temple visible as a pyramid has been preserved since pre-Hispanic ceremonial and residential area are covered by the current urban area; The pyramidal structure is composed of 5 escalation bodies that reach a height of 6 meters, and has a base of 20 by 20 meters. The center of the west facade has a staircase. In his last body there is a platform of 8 by 6 meters, which was the place where desplantaba Temple which was at the top.
Fri 00:00-00:00 - Closed